We're a community, inside and out.
Part of our corporate mission is to encourage active, involved citizenship. Thousands of GEICO associates volunteer an average of five hours a week helping worthwhile causes. Our associates read, build, mentor, walk, run, coach — we do whatever it takes to help organizations and people in need.
- Our associates raise money to support organizations such as the United Way, March of Dimes, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and children's hospitals.
- We host blood drives in partnership with the American Red Cross.
- Our associates volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Toys for Tots, Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity and the Special Olympics.
- We donate coats, toys, blankets and food to local organizations, and provide gifts to deserving children and seniors through our participation in the annual Angel Tree program.
- We sponsor walkers and runners during events such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides walk, the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
- GEICO is a partner of the United Negro College Fund and the Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital.
- We are a proud sponsor of the Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride National Tour.
- Through the GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, we also match donations made by our associates to charitable organizations and colleges.
GEICO's Highway Safety Efforts
GEICO takes a leading role among auto insurers in the safety arena. We work with national and local organizations to promote efforts to improve highway safety, and reduce traffic deaths and injuries. We also encourage young artists to enter our annual Safety Contest to help spread the safe driving message and save lives.
GEICO Volunteer Service Awards
Each year, we recognize our associates' contributions to the community by presenting the GEICO Volunteer Services Awards. These awards include monetary contributions to the recipients' chosen organizations.
2012 Social Responsibility Highlights
We are very proud of the work that we do outside our office walls! Through GEICO Corporate Community Citizens (GCCC) and other programs, our associates contribute to and participate in a variety of socially-responsible activities.
- Associates raised more than $2.3 million for more than 400 community organizations and causes.
- Donated more than $4 million in matching funds to the United Way and other local charities.
- Gave more than $135,000 to Hurricane Sandy disaster relief funds.
- Associates and friends volunteered more than 18,158 hours.
- Provided nearly $1.1 million in scholarship funding.
- Recycled more than 3.61 million pounds of material, including paper, cans, toner and more.
- Our corporate office received the Montgomery County, Md. Outstanding Achievement in Recycling Award, and the Maryland Green Registry & Clean Air Partners Clean Commute Award.