Hiring Process for Sales, Customer Service, Claims and Auto Damage
1. Search Jobs & Apply
- First, search our current job openings
- Once you find a job and wish to apply for it, click on the Apply For Job button
- Candidates who do not have computer access may apply in person at a GEICO HR location during the HR office’s business hours.
2. Submit Your Application
- A complete application with full work experience and education is required.
- We will accept one application and consider you for all current customer contact openings. If you're not moved forward in the selection process, there is a six-month waiting period before you can reapply.
- Take a look at our tips for submitting your application.
3. Initial Phone Interview
- If you meet the qualifications for one of our current openings, we'll contact you directly to set up a phone interview which could last 15 – 30 minutes.
- You may receive a call or an email to schedule your appointment either directly with an HR representative or via our online scheduler.
- Don’t miss your opportunity! Schedule your appointment at your earliest availability so we can consider you for our next hiring date. Due to our busy hiring schedule many offices limit appointment rescheduling, so please be available at your appointment time.
4. Employment Testing
- Computer testing is administered in the office within a group setting and takes 1.5 – 2 hours. Be prepared to demonstrate your typing skills, as well as use a PC, keyboard and standard mouse.
- Depending on interviewer availability, you may be asked to stay and complete additional steps.
- Please bring two forms of government issued ID with you to testing, as some candidates may complete our hiring process in one visit and could potentially receive an employment offer.
If you have a time conflict, please tell your recruiter to schedule for another day.
5. Interviewing with GEICO
- If you’re chosen to continue in the process, you may interview with a member of our hiring team, and participate in a simulated call center / customer role play.
- Candidates who successfully pass the HR interview and role play may be asked to stay and interview with a hiring manager.
- Take a look at our tips for interviewing with GEICO.
If you have a time conflict, please tell your recruiter to schedule the interview for another day.
6. Background Checks
- GEICO conducts drug screens (hair analysis at most locations) and credit and background checks of applicants who’ve accepted employment offers.
- All offers are contingent upon passing the background check process.
- More information is available on our Employment FAQs page.
7. For New Hires
- Most new hires start on a Monday and attend GEICO 101, our new associate orientation program, within the first few days of being hired.
- Please bring two forms of government issued ID with you on your first day.
- During orientation, you’ll learn more about GEICO, associate programs and corporate policies.
- More information on your first day is available from your recruiter.
- If you have any questions prior to your first day, please contact us.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have an interest in starting a career at GEICO
- Meet the minimum job requirements
- Demonstrate job stability and dependability
- Are able to work the available schedule and shift(s) of the job
- Communicate effectively
- Are open to the salary range of the position
- Want to work in our fast-paced, call center environment