Get the career support you deserve.
We believe in lifelong learning and providing our associates with opportunities to grow — professionally and personally. As a GEICO associate, you can explore and participate in a wide range of career development and educational programs.
- GEICO’s paid training in sales, customer service, claims and auto damage is considered among the best in the insurance industry!
- Training lasts for several weeks, includes frequent tests and is vital in preparing you to meet our customers’ needs.
- Most sales and customer service representatives are required to take and pass a state licensing exam. Once licensed, there are continuing education requirements to maintain it.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Eligible full-time associates may enroll in our tuition reimbursement program to further their undergraduate education at an accredited community or four-year college.
- The program will reimburse up to $5,250 per calendar year, and covers application fees, tuition, course-related charges and up to 75% of textbook costs.
- Through this program, GEICO offers undergraduate core business courses in accounting, business law, economics, finance, marketing, information systems and statistics. If these courses were not taken during an associate’s college degree program, they must be pursued to be eligible for management promotional opportunities.
- Our internal, company-wide training program provides hundreds of e-learning and instructor-led courses to help our associates succeed in their careers.
- Classes include: insurance licensing, supervisor preparation classes, business and management courses, Lean Six Sigma training, diversity and ethics, Microsoft Office basics, project management and presentation skills, business writing, basic statistics, negotiation and litigation, and many more!
Insurance Studies Program
- To gain an in-depth understanding of our business and develop their professional qualifications, many associates participate in this program and take insurance classes.
- Some associates choose to study for the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) professional designation and may be eligible for bonuses upon completion.
- Courses taken through this program are offered by The Institutes (AICPCU) and are 100% reimbursable when the national exam has been satisfactorily completed.
- GEICO has a promote-from-within culture which allows our associates to build rewarding and long-lasting careers.
- The Job Post system allows our associates to view and apply for internal job openings across all departments and locations.
- The GEICO Virtual Mentor program connects our associates with members of management via our corporate intranet. It includes a mentoring blog and an "Ask the Mentors" message board.
GEICO Family Scholarships
- This program consists of several scholarships and awards thousands of dollars each year to the children of our associates to assist in paying for post-secondary education.
*Benefits may vary for interns and part-time associates.