Put your legal expertise to practice at GEICO.
Across the country in various staff counsel offices, and within our Washington, D.C., area Legislative and General Counsel offices and Claims Home Office, many State Bar – certified attorneys and other professionals are building successful legal careers at GEICO.
Throughout the year, there are typically legal jobs for:
- Managing Attorneys – Lead a team of attorneys and support staff dedicated to the resolution of lawsuits against GEICO and its insureds.
- Attorneys – Engage in the defense of civil litigation including claims for personal injury, property damage in state and federal courts, and the prosecution of claims for subrogated interests.
- Home Office Attorneys – Work with the Claims department on significant exposure and complex litigation cases to bring them to a reasonable conclusion.
- General Counsel Attorneys – Work on issues at the corporate level, including contracts, employment law and real estate.
- Legislative Counsel – Help the company monitor and create positive change to state legislation across the country.
Our offices also hire legal support team members, including:
- Legal Secretaries – Various experience levels; may be full- or part-time depending on the needs of the office.
- Paralegals – A Paralegal certificate or degree in Paralegal Studies may be required.
- Legal Clerks – May be full- or part-time depending on the needs of the office.
What do legal professionals do at GEICO?
GEICO employs in-house litigation teams and Home Office legal attorneys to expertly represent GEICO and insureds in first- and third-party cases. They also help bring cases against our insureds and the company to a reasonable conclusion. Corporate and Legislative Counsel work on the operations-side of the company, and support GEICO as it handles the business of providing insurance to our clients across the country.
We offer talented legal professionals the unique opportunity to not only represent GEICO in legal matters, but to also be employees of our stable, growing company.
Benefits & Perks
GEICO offers a comprehensive benefits package to preserve your health and insure your future.Total Rewards Program Total Rewards Program
Meet our team
GEICO associate since 2004
What do I do at GEICO?
The Office of General Counsel provides legal advice and counsel to management to ensure that company programs and operations are in compliance with legal requirements. The insurance industry is highly regulated, so we help to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations of each state where we do business. We also provide counsel and advice on human resources & benefit plan issues.
What do I like best about working for GEICO?
My duties are varied. On any given day, I might review a software license or a new insurance policy contract, interact with outside counsel on one of several cases currently in litigation, consult and advise Human Resource on an employment matter, or review marketing material like print advertisments. Every day is different and unpredictable. GEICO is a great place to work. It's a solid company with a great future.